Safety

Candle Safety and Burning Tips

  • When burning your soy candle for the first time, it is important to allow the candle to burn for 2-3 hours.  Soy wax has a "memory" and helps to avoid the candle from "tunneling" down the center of the container and may cause you not to get the best scent throw.  By allowing your soy candle to create its initial memory burn, will help the candle to create a full melt pool of wax, and increase the candle's scent throw.

  • To prevent your soy candle from producing black soot, always trim your wick 1/4" before lighting your candle.  Always burn your candle on a level, heat resistant surface.  If the wick begins to have a large flame, starts flickering constantly, or if the wick becomes larger than 1/4" extinguish the flame, let cool for 1-2 hours, re-trim the wick and re-light.  Always keep the wick centered, this is best done after the candle has been extinguished and the was is still cool.

  • If for some reason you cannot smell the scent of the candle you are burning, leave the room for a few minutes and let your olfactory sense adjust.  Many times the olfactory becomes accustomed to your surroundings and blocks out scent that are in your immediate area.  When you return you should be able to smell the fragrance.

  • Although Tipsy Candles are highly fragrant, sometimes the homes we live in have large open spaces that combines many living area.  Some our fragrances are bolder and will scent an entire home, while others are lighter and have been designed to achieve a soothing ambiance.  Our recommendation for those with large living spaces is to have an additional Tipsy Candle to achieve maximum scent throw for these larger living spaces.  

  • Our all-natural soy tart melts do no evaporate.  After the scent has burned off, simply pour the soy wax into a lined trash can or similar container.  Our soy wax is bio-degradable.  Never our wax down your sink drain, it can clog.

  • Our wax is bio-degradable and cleans up with hot dopy water.

  • Always keep a burning candle within sight.

  • Never burn a candle on our near anything that can catch fire

  • Keep burning candles out of the reach of children andpets.

  • Never touch or move a burning candle or container candle when the wax is liquid.